Wednesday, April 09, 2014

It's So Hard To Wait

     I'm an impatient soul. I try to be patient, but when I submit a story, I find myself checking my email several times daily.


     I'm the same way when royalty day arrives. Every couple hours I check PayPal for the amount.


     I have to check the mail as soon as I get home.


     I need a self-help group for email checkers anonymous. I've heard the rule is to have at least seven works on submission at any given time, plus keep yourself busy writing new stories, to prevent such impatience, but I still seem to have this problem.


     I doubt I'm alone.


     Believe me I know that my editor and publisher are hard working, have other authors to work with, their own books to write, and their own lives to live. I respect that. I expect that. Yet, I still can't stop checking my email.


     Save me. I'm such a junkie.


Ashley

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.